• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering not working

blb5198

I recently picked up a deuce that was equipped with power steering.
I was wondering if there should be a noticeable difference or if its not functioning properly because it feels no different then the steering on my 211. Not real sure how to trouble shoot it.
Thanks

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently picked up a deuce that was equipped with power steering.
I was wondering if there should be a noticeable difference or if its not functioning properly because it feels no different then the steering on my 211. Not real sure how to trouble shoot it.
Thanks

I have bought several M35's from GL that were equipped with air assist steering. One of them had the air shut off valve closed on the firewall. After turning it on I discovered the inline air regulator for the steering assist was leaking badly. I figure they thought it was easier to shut the air assist off than fixing the air leak. I by-passed the regulator and all is well with the steering.