• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Work is a bust today! New M923!!

jvandal

No concentrating on work today as I leave today headed south to finally pickup my M923 in the morning.

Tools packed
TM downloaded and ready on laptop
Liquids packed
Various Spare Parts
Paperwork readied

Now I'm just watching the stopped second hand on the clock.... I swear it is only moving every 10 seconds....aua

Last edited:

91W350

I remember those days... savor the adventure! Nothing beats the recovery of a MV, even the ones that do not exactly go as planned. Glen

KaiserM109

No concentrating on work today as I leave today headed south to finally pickup my M923 in the morning.

Tools packed
TM downloaded and ready on laptop
Liquids packed
Various Spare Parts
Paperwork readied

Now I'm just watching the stopped second hand on the clock.... I swear it is only moving every 10 seconds....aua
Does “headed south” mean Ft. Benning, GA?
If yes:
What lot number did you get?
I got 11237-6110 and have a pickup date of Nov. 19.
Maybe you can take a quick look at mine.

I can’t think of anything else but the 3600 mi. round trip and my wife is getting tired of hearing about it.

I’m concerned about getting mine started. I really want to hear about your experience.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

That is why I always have thing delivered (or picked up) first thing in the morning.

Good luck counting the seconds. There that took a few off the clock for you.

wsucougarx

Quite true! There's nothing like a MV recovery. The unknowns, the surprises, the issues, the adventure, and of course the huge smile despite what happens.

KaiserM109

Quite true! There's nothing like a MV recovery. The unknowns, the surprises, the issues, the adventure, and of course the huge smile despite what happens.
And when you pull through the gate and the guard sees a civilian with a crap-eating grin, it’s priceless. Pulling up to the diesel pumps at the truck stops is interesting, too.

91W350

Be sure to follow the emergency shut down cable to the little valve it operates. Pulling the emergency shut down will kill the truck. Pushing the T handle back in does not reset it. The valve needs to be reset manually. Most of the non-starting decent trucks we picked up had the emergency shut off valve closed. It should be in the forward position. I had one with very little power, the driver's were complaining about trying to load it. The truck would not pull itself up the loading dock and had to be pushed with another truck. The valve was partially closed, apparently allowing very little fuel through. I had to change the location of the anchor on the cable in order to get the valve fully open. Not a big deal, but an easy one to fix and overlook if you have not had that joy before. Glen

jvandal

Photo's to be seen at....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/jvandal-albums-vandal-s-m923.html

Recovery was awesome... everything looked good... fluids, batteries.... everything

4 brand new Optimas
Spare brand new
8 of the 10 tires are awesome

Fired right up!

Drove home with some difficulty.... Couldn't fit my smile inside that CAB....

only mechanical trouble was with my Silverado!

Thanks to all of you who send advice and well wishes

quickfarms

Be sure to follow the emergency shut down cable to the little valve it operates. Pulling the emergency shut down will kill the truck. Pushing the T handle back in does not reset it. The valve needs to be reset manually. Most of the non-starting decent trucks we picked up had the emergency shut off valve closed. It should be in the forward position. I had one with very little power, the driver's were complaining about trying to load it. The truck would not pull itself up the loading dock and had to be pushed with another truck. The valve was partially closed, apparently allowing very little fuel through. I had to change the location of the anchor on the cable in order to get the valve fully open. Not a big deal, but an easy one to fix and overlook if you have not had that joy before. Glen
That is good advise

jvandal

My buddy pointed out to me that I neglected to mention that I picked up this M923 for only $2470. So.....

- 900 (Batteries)
- 200 (One Brand new tire (spare))
-1200 (8 -95% or better tires)
-200 (50 gallons of Diesel)
= -30

So they paid me $30 to take this fine machine home.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks