• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEVASTATING TRAGEDY @ Midland, TX: 2012 Hunt For Heroes Parade - San Angelo,TX CANCEL

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to an accident with FATALITIES -
Scroll down for details.....
==============================

WOW! Another year has passed and it's time for the annual Hunt for Heroes near San Angelo, TX.

Here's a link to the 2010 thread where the why's and wherefore's are all outlined.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?57538-2010-Hunt-for-Heroes-Parade-San-Angelo-TX

And here's a link to today's local newspaper article about the Parade and the Heroes....
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/nov/14/hunt-for-heroes/

Our Deuce will not be "parading" but will be positioned along the parade route as a "viewing platform". Should be getting lots of good pics that I'll post in an AAR in this thread.

May God bless these wounded Heroes with a good and bountiful Hunt!!!

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching Fox News and there has been a terrible tragedy in Midland this afternoon.

The 18 wheeler pulling the parade trailer was struck by a train.

FOUR DEAD - SEVENTEEN INJURED

this is absolutely a nightmare for these folks.

my prayer go out for these wounded warriors and their families.

so sad

I spoke with my sister a few minutes ago - this event has been canceled in San Angelo due to the accident.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep us informed, Please. Thoughts and prayers offered for ALL involved. Terrible tragedy! Any more details available?
God bless,
Tony:-(

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

It is with a very heavy heart that I report to you that this event has been CANCELLED!

As reported above by WALLEW, there was a terrible accident at yesterday's kick-off parade in Midland Texas in which four people were reported killed - including one of the Heroes.

I will be posting related LINKS and other info ASAP - It's been a sleepless night.

PLEASE DO NOT turn this thread into a rant about safety, blame, etc.

INSTEAD, let us ALL keep in mind that some of the Heroes and their families have been given links to this thread and WILL BE READING WHAT IS POSTED HERE.

Please also remain in prayer for all those effected by, involved in, and responding to this devastating tragedy.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning's local news report....

http://conchovalleyhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=199022

And this phot came via FaceBook with the caption below:
319039_10151248961619154_438639216_n.jpg
"Confused on what a hero looks like? This is Sgt Joshua Michael, who pushed his wife safely off the veteran's float in Midland seconds before impact. He died in the crash."

Last edited:

M715VFD405

My thoughts and Prayers are with those in this tragic event. It is only in darkness that we see the light, may God guide us with his wisdom to lesson the hurt we are feeling from this loss and may He open his arms to them. Amen.

Flyingvan911

My prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones. And let's not forget the train crew. This is a tragedy that will haunt them for years to come.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Official message....

The following was recently posted on facebook by the Group that sponsors the entire Hunt For Heroes Program....

[h=5]Show of Support Hunt For Heroes
[/h][h=5]‎"Everyone associated with Show of Support Military Hunt, Inc. is deeply, deeply saddedned by the tragic events of yesterday, and our hearts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected." said Terry Johnson, President of the organization.

We can accept donations directly on our website. Please check there for more information as it becomes available.

http://showofsupport.org/
[/h]