• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Speedometer

haleybeast

I just bought my son an '85 M1009 26k miles. Everything was working fine except the starter (different post) and the speedometer. I put in a new cable but broke the actual speedometer. Needle flew of and copper wire unspun. I've seen a lot of posts on speedo wires but no good links to the actual speedo replacement. Can't seem to find any anywhere. I'm in Columbus, Ohio if anyone has any thoughts.

2002ford

Well before you buy one come over and I will give you one. That way you can see how it comes apart. The milage will be different but who cares. LOL

stationjj

I got a new speedo from LMC. Seems to work well. I also had to replace speedo cable as well.

I ordered a speedo cable for a TH400 fromLMC. It was too short. I found correct one on Ebay.

When checking the speedo with my GPS. My Speedo is off. What I found is that speeds say below 45 MPH. The difference between speedo and GPS is 1-2 MPH.
As I increase my speed over 50 mph the difference between speedo and GPS increases as well. For Example my Speedo will say I am do 70, but I am actually doing around 60 MPH on the GPS.

Is this a common issue with CUCV owners? A few CUCV owners I have spoken too have this problem.

I haven't done a speedo calibration. Is this covered in the TMs?

stationjj

2002ford

I will set it to the side. I am in Fairborn, its about a 45 to 50 min drive each way. I just parted out a civy blazer and I dont need it. Its headed to the scrapper tm.

stationjj

The GM Part Number should be 25032661. That's the part number on the box for cable that fit my M1009.
GM Parts Giant has them listed for $45. It seems that Part Number 25032661 was replaced with Part Number 88959480.

Hope this helps.

stationjj

Jan 14, 2013 Update

It has been brought to my attention that part number 88959480 is wrong. Sorry for the mistake.
Look for a new post concern CUCV speedo cable part number.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks