• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post Delete?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For some time now you've not been able to delete threads or post. You can edit your post for up to 90 days, I think.

The only exception to this is the classifieds. You can still delete there.

cpf240

As I recall, this was brought on by a member, or members, having an issue with things on this forum and then deciding to take their ball ( posts / threads ) and go home.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Okay, but unless I'm wrong, the mods can see everything that was posted/deleted, restore it if necessary . . . . . so I guess I'm missing the point.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would take days, to undelete a members 3387 posts.

We don't have that kind of time or determination(to match a pizzed off members).

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
What about a one hour or 24 hour time limit? then it's like herpes, [FONT=&quot]forever. . . . .[/FONT]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't do it. The system won't play like that.

We've covered this in great detail, somewhere before(recently).

KsM715

Think of your post just like the words coming out of your mouth. Once they come out you can not put them back in.

cornrichard

I can not figure out how to delete a classified add I placed in August. I am sure I am just missing something obvious. I anyone knows I would appreciate a heads up.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
pm me the link, I'll delete,
In the classifieds we have auto delete after 90 days from the start of the ad, up to that time the op can delete it, if the ad is bumped, the auto delete starts at the LAST bump for the 90 days count, BUT the the op delete does not follow to the new auto delete count but still stops at 90 days from start. This ought help you to understand why you can not delete.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can not figure out how to delete a classified add I placed in August. I am sure I am just missing something obvious. I anyone knows I would appreciate a heads up.
If someone has replied to it within the last 90 days, you can't. It's a timeout issue for the edit/delete option. You'll have to PM Ron to have it deleted. 73m819

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks