• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on Buying a M1009

micheljns

I am looking to buy my first M1009 and locally i found 2 choices. The first is $3,750 has a great rust free body from SC and runs good but is missing a lot of the dash stuff, gage cluster etc and looks likeit has been stripped down on the inside, the door panels are missing and right now the seats are all unbolted and also missing the taillights. The other is $2,750 in good shape mechanically, recently rebuilt injector pump and transmission with upgraded torque converter. it needs some sheet metal especially the cab and floor pans the rear is pretty solid. Not sure which way I should go?? any suggestions? Thanks

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those prices are way too steep. How much of a project are you wanting? Are there enough parts between the two trucks to build one nice looking and running truck? If you're in for some serious knuckle busting, offer $1500 - $2000 for both trucks. If he turns down your offer, keep looking. There are plenty of M1009's around.

micheljns

The truck for $2,750 runs great no mechanical issue it just has rust over the fender wells and kicker panels and floor pans. The body on the one for $3,750 is great! no rust it runs great and has been converted to 12 volt with new batteries just is missing the gauge cluster and some other minor stuff like tail lights (has the wiring and bulbs) the seats are rough and need bolted back in. I guess my next question would be how much is a reasonable price and is where would be a good place to look? Some of the Gl auctions I have seen they go for $1,000 to $2,000 and they might not run, need batteries and you have to go get them?