• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Looks for Hannibal

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I thought it was fitting to resurrect it for this project. The original 686 sand on my truck was was a more "brown" shade and the Rapco 686 sand, that I have used for upgrading projects is more "yellowy". I decided to blend at it all to the Rapco sand shade. In the meantime, I repainted my left door star with Rustoleum Professional flat-back using the masking rather than stenciling technique; nice sharp edges. I re-shot the lifting shackles and radiator with black also. I took the mirror assemblies off and shot with fresh Rapco 383 green. I replaced all the black decals, i.e. bumper numbers, small stars, with Rick Larsen's products. I also re-did my unit insignia and non-profits magnetic boards for the tailgate with new decals, reflective tape and magnetic sheeting. The red/white and yellow conspic. tape is all original.

BEFORE....
Street pics 03-05-13 (5).jpgStreet pics 03-05-13 (4).jpgHood-Solargizer 005.jpgSDC11910.jpg

And AFTER...
DSC_0141.jpgDSC_0138.jpgDSC_0144.jpgDSC_0145.jpgDSC_0142.jpgDSC_0143.jpg

I am very happy with the results.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also dropped the right/rear mudguard water can holder to compensate for the recently installed marker lights.

DSC_0147.jpgDSC_0148.jpg

What it looked like before...
Jerery Can Holders 02-21-11 002.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks