• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil in air tanks ?

Bugoutwhistler

I just put a set of cable drains on my truck and I have no idea when they were drained , I bought it from an old man. The next time I ran the truck and drained the tanks I thought there was a lot of water coming out but it is oil , what should I look into to fix this problem , or where in the tms should I look ? Thanksaua

eagle4g63

If you are getting oil than it will more than likely be coming from the compressor itself. It is oil fed to lube it, so could be getting a lot of blow by and making it's way to the tanks.

DieselBob

You might want to check the air filter for the compressor. If it is extremely dirty it can cause more oil to be drawn past the rings in the compressor.

AirComp.jpg

MG2936

The oil could have collected over the years. When I was restoring my truck the tanks had a lot of water and oil in them. I took them off, put a hand full of BBs in them, shook them for a while, emptied them, washed them out with mineral spirits and was good to go. Its been 11 years and all I ever get out of them is a little water when driven a lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks