• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warner Robins, GA

ApopkaFL

Banned
Is there any members around this base? ( Warner Robins, GA ) I won a Alpha 3 today It says that it turns over but does not start. I figured can not be that much wrong with it. Maybe fuel problem. As in the past when I have bought the A3s they all needed new fuel filters. Is anyone plain on visiting the base anytime soon that can look at it for me? serial number: 501046. I was also wondering if any members lived close to the base, I can get it to there home to maybe store a few hrs or few weeks until I can see why I will not start. Figure how to get it back to Florida.

Rodman

3dAngus

Whats the weight. I might be able to deliver it to you in a couple of weeks. PM me with the auction brocure so I can check it out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the weight. I might be able to deliver it to you in a couple of weeks. PM me with the auction brocure so I can check it out.

M35A3 weighs about 14000lbs

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I'm available, anytime. I have plenty of room to store it for as long as needed. I'll park it next to the one I drug home a couple weeks ago for another member:beer:

3dAngus

Shows what I know. I thought he meant a Alpha 3 5kw generator. Ha!
I have a M35A3. Know what it weighs. Should have read the thread field. Funny. Thanks all!
I have discussed with Apopka via PM. If he needs it stored longer than two weeks, Daniel may be the way to go as he has lots more room.
I'm stacking trailers here....

edit; Daniel, looks like you might be the man for the job, as it has two flats, and I don't change flats with my back if I don't absolutely have to. Also, it doesn't run, even with batteries so you might have to tow. I guess he sent the wrong auction lot by mistake the first time and I thought it was in running shape with good tires, and all it needed was batteries. I can tow, but cannot change out flat tires right now.
Good luck!

Last edited:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be going out there very soon. I'm about 8 miles from the base. I can store it for you as long as needed. I can most likely pick it a get off the base also. You get props from me for spelling Warner Robins correctly:)

sandcobra164

Depending on EUC Clear time, I can help 3 weeks from now. Wouldn't be my first rodeo in this arena by far. Sound's like you have some good help close by and I've seen these guys on here for a while now. Read ShootinIron's (May he rest in Peace) thread on an A3 recovery, likely a similar issue with the motor losing it's prime for fuel. I truly hope your recovery effort goes much smoother.

3dAngus

Robins Air Force Base = Overall base

Warner Robins Air Logistics Command (WR-ALC) = Logistics aspect of base

It is a huge logistics location for engineering and repair of all kinds of electronics, avionics, and aircraft.

It also has other aspects of Air Force support including the fact that it is a real Air Foce Base outside of just logistics.

The total economic impact due to payrolls and contracts is over $4B, making it one of the largest micro economies in the State of Georgia.

There is a nice Air Force Museum there which makes for a nice touring area if you have additional time in the area. No pass needed to enter the Museum area on the South end of the Base where you enter from Hwy 247/129 just South of Russell Parkway. Nice place to have a picnic lunch too for those who carry their own.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks