• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last night GL win and another project

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Last nights GL win and another project later this year. Picking up Monday at WR base.

What I do not understand are folks waiting for invoices - bid closed last night and at a little after 1:00 pm I have my paid invoice.

Project ahead is removal of the 109 box from mine and accessories - chassis already spoken for from another member here. 109 Box will be getting transplanted onto the M923A2 and drop side box getting sold as I will not need it.

Unit needs a softtop at this time but a tarp will work just fine till I am ready - then a full makeover of the unit w/109 box attached and rocking chair platform on the rear for this ole fart.51528021_gl_large_thumb.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stay off the ATVs or your project calendar will get all messed up!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most Awesome Zout!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This project is a preamble to the preamble. Don't get to excited you have current projects :)

zout

Dually noted Swiss - lets see - since Oct last year I have a 1972 Chevelle Malibu done - 1964 Mustang done - PB's WC lookin pretty sweet with a package coming Monday to make it a little more presentable.

AHHH - something about a German CUCV to do coming up and not forgotten about - I'll let that owner get his own thread started about it in due time.
Gotta get the Onan Gen - overhead LED lights - 24v Warn Winch - cb unmounted from the box/chassis - then get the box set on the ground and make some repairs to the seams & come up with a color scheme I want.

Seeing how folks paint these MV every which way and try to stick anything and everything in the fuel systems - look up PLASTIDIPING a car.
Any color imaginable they have - I'll have to think that one over a bit.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Fine then buckaroo...start another project but just remember... I still have your M43B1 held hostage here til I get my WC22 back!!

I'm only kidding Brother,...well...sorta...congrats on a nice score!![thumbzup][thumbzup]

Hey...are those trucks full air brake or air over hydraulic??

Last edited:

goldneagle

Looks like we are doing the same project. Yours might get done sooner. At least i can find out how to do it right before I mess mine up.

zout

Tigger is a little closer for getting the chassis from the 109. All I have left to remove is the holding tank from the rear framework - plumbing connections already disconnected. Remove the body ground to chassis behind the cab. Disconnect each side bed to body bolts (total 4 each side) and this box can be swung.

As from the request above what I was going to do with the dropside - WM and I came to a gentlemans agreement (he was pushing hard to agree) so that will take care of the drop side already being removed.

I'll have to measure each unit for making spacer boards - (use to do this building glider kits so I am very familar with the process). Just getting wrapped around what I can do to get this done in a two day period with what time I have available and keeping anyone else's just as absolutely low to obsolete as I can.
Schedule for lift is not made yet - M923A2 getting towed tomorrow - safest and best way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.