• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 brakes are staying engaged

Roxtonvfd

We are a small Vfd and just received a 91 model m925a2. The brakes on the unit will lock up or stay engaged after the foot brake peddles is pushed about 5 times also the brake lights stay on. I can loosen the line on the brake light switch and the truck will drive fine. Anyone have any ideas

thanks

Csm Davis

Check the front passenger side gladhand to see if it has a valve on it, if it does take it off there is not supposed to be one on that gladhand and the cover is supposed to be vented.

Roxtonvfd

Looking for more help with our truck

the truck seems to have no electrical power no lights of any type will work and the truck will not even try to crank
the oBly noise it will make is a clicking from the PCB box ( I think that's what it's called ) it. On the fire wall in front of driver seat by the jug

I checked the voltage on the batteries today and without removing cables my volt meter read 15.7. I would think that is low.

i guess my my questions is does that box control all the voltage to the truck lights and all or do I have something else wrong

Rmtaunton

Yes it does , it has two solenoids in it first check wiring then if needed replace solenoids they can be ordered from Napa, aslo make sure when you check batteries you are going from negative of first battery to pos of last , it should be 24, 25 volts

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is way to low. My truck did the same thing. I lost two batterys and had to replace. Could have run on two but I like 4 it starts so much better

Roxtonvfd

Thanks everyone. I checked the batteries and had one bad in each string
replaced and it still didon't crank Jumped the starter and the lights on the dash came on so I'm guessing the pcb box is bad also you cou,d hear the box click when I jumped the starter

if you flip the switch several time know the truck will crank

again thanks for the help this is twice you have helped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks