• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axle swap M101A1

McGuyver

Hi guys,

I have a 1968 M101A1 with the old 5 lug hubs and NDT tires on it. I'd like to swap either the hubs or the entire axle for a more modern 8 lug setup so I can run a common spare tire with my tow vehicle. I would also like to retain the parking brake capability. Have any of you ever done this, and if so, what did you do and how did you do it? would it make sense just to swap out the entire axle for an M101A3 axle? Are the spring pad dimensions the same, or would I have to modify something to get it to work. Would really just like to do a straight across bolt on without any fabrication. Thanks in advance.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Your best bet would be to find an m101a2 axle. An m101a3 axle will also bolt right up, but your tires will stick out a few inches on either side (m101a3 trailers have the wider axle since they are designed for the wider HMMWVs).

McGuyver

Nuts. I was afraid of that. I was really tempted to go with the a3 axle because there are some new ones on ebay right now. Anybody know where I can get an a2 axle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks