• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover needed

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I have been searching for some time for a duece cargo cover. Does anyone know where they can be purchased; and for how much? Is the canvas better than the other?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need canvas, there are any number of sources for it, including Beachwood, Pizzoferrato, etc. Prices are about equal, for new canvas vs. new vinyl. I'd go with the vinyl, trust me. You will never have to worry about rot with a vinyl cover.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with MADDAWG...the vinyl is much better, but there is something to be said for the smell of new canvas. Plus, while it is no longer current, the canvas looks more "military" in my opinion. My brother, who was in the Army for over 20 years, used to walk into my garage and say it smelled like the motor pool with all of the canvas I used to have!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to go with the 3-piece cargo-cover, I have NOS canvas, and NOS vinyl end-curtains (ONLY).

That would be two (2) green canvas and two (2) green vinyl end curtains for the M35A2.

I bought both because of the discussion you see here. Canvas? Vinyl? Why not get both? So I did. Now, I'm not even going to have a gargo bed, so they are for sale.

If anyone is interested, PM me for a price. I'd really prefer to sell all four pieces at once. I know not everyone wants both, but I'm looking to clean out a bit.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
oifvet said:
If you decide to go with the 3-piece cargo-cover, I have NOS canvas, and NOS vinyl end-curtains (ONLY).

That would be two (2) green canvas and two (2) green vinyl end curtains for the M35A2.

I bought both because of the discussion you see here. Canvas? Vinyl? Why not get both? So I did. Now, I'm not even going to have a gargo bed, so they are for sale.

If anyone is interested, PM me for a price. I'd really prefer to sell all four pieces at once. I know not everyone wants both, but I'm looking to clean out a bit.
pm sent

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
oifvet said:
Well, now you'll just need the main section.

Oshkosh Equipment has the main. Reasonable price, I'd say.
I've got 3..... 2 with end cutains :) and now thanks to you I have 3 complete! Thanks!