• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad lift job?

Green_gator

No way that I would drive a truck with that kind of lift. I would not think that it has any stability. Of course, there is no way you would get me into anything with these seats. :shock:

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yikes. There are some tremendous side loads on that thing when making a turn. It wouldn't take long to work that loose and spit it out. Then, it would get real ugly!

Don't forget to use the short links programs for those monstrous links guys. I chopped it for you Stretch. It was almost as tall as you ;)

Jakob

ANY kind of front blocks should be illegal in EVERY state. They're not safe at all, the add-a-leafs are the closest thing to lift blocks that should be on the front axle, period.

HeadWizard

Agreed on the new mushroom Mike. That's a center hub cap from an older 80's Chevy 4x4 pickup. I've got a set on the shelf in the shop. Gotta see how that would work?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dorks like that are the ones who inspire the Government to enact more laws...........

I say,

"YOU, WITH THE FRONT LIFT BLOCKS, OUT OF THE GENE POOL!!!!!........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only is the front lift block unsafe, that one looks like its hollow to boot. Wow!!!

ucfjeeper

And thats not the biggest block I've ever seen. Theres tons of people who use lift blocks like that for their front, but their trucks are off road use only. As far as on road... lift blocks on the front are just plain dangerous...

SrIrie

Nothing like a 6 inch lift block on the front axle of a 13,000 lb rig [thumbzup]
For just this reason I think you should have to pass a test to buy tools

Jake0147

That truck is coming unglued very shortly... The lift method can not be made safe. Even if it could be made safe in theory, the block (I believe) is inadequate as it appears to be box tube stood on end, which is a bad thing. I'm not positive on the wall thickness of that axle, but I'm thinking it's inadequate for direct u-bolting without a plate to spread the pressure. And I'm pretty convinced that while it is technically possible, that given the work I see thus far, the methods I envision for "adjusting" the steering arm probably caused it to loose most of it's strength. I wouldn't drive it. :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks