• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Parts

USMC6062

Has anyone found a source for PTO parts for a deuce? I picked up a winch set up for my truck, and everything appears to be in working order. One thing I noticed so far is the gear in the PTO that contacts the transmission, is rounded on the edges of the teeth. It looks like from years of people engaging the PTO without letting the transmission come to a complete stop first. It's the first gear you see looking into the PTO, it has a helical gear and a stright cut gear all made as one piece. I have a spicer dealer not to far from me I am planning on checking with to see if parts are still available, but didn't know if ya'll knew of another source. Thanks, Alex

USMC6062

Not much different, I'll inspect it closer when I take it apart. I called a local spicer dealer about parts for it, and they said I didn't give them enough numbers off of it. Mine still has the spicer tag on it, and all it says is No. WN7, but the guy said the military sometimes uses there own numbers on things that are also used in the civilian market. Does anyone know what the civilian model number is for a deuce PTO? Also the guy said they don't show a spicer 3053A transmission in his book, I figured the trans should be pretty common. He did say to bring the PTO up there and let him look at it, and he should be able to cross it by numbers on the gears to a civilian model.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a T/O PTO that has a bad case, but good internals. $100+ UPS ground shipping. I can get pics of it this weekend if you want..

USMC6062

Yeah send me some pics. Mine isn't bad, I just figured if I could get the gear for a reasonable price, I would replace it, and get the seals and any other parts it needs while I'm at it. Some spicer parts are actually cheaper than the knockoff crap you buy at the regular parts store, thats why I want to get the model # and find out whats available for it. Thanks, Alex

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is nothing wrong with those gears. That is the way they are made. Make sure things are clean, when it goes together.

Lee in Alaska

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, now that this thread has been resurected, anyone have a good housing? I have a pto with a busted bolt flange. Help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks