• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My manual, 9-2320-361-20-1, says to use "4 amp" fuzes. What the difference between 2 amp and 4 amp? (if you answer 2 amps, I'm gonna break a beer bottle over your head next time I see you)

Attachments

FormerNewMVGuy

Well, I have put 3 amp slow blow fuse's in all 4 of my trucks, I seem to recall a thread about this a while back? I belive there was a PS article about stepping up from a 2 amp to a 3 amp fuse.

DanMartin

I had mine apart today to fix a leak in the fuse holder cover...it was completely full of fuel (bad tank gasket allowing fuel to slosh up into the cover through the wire bulkhead fitting I think). Anyways...it had a 2-1/2 amp fuse...guess the USAF just split the difference between the 2 and 3 amp changeover. :)

I need to replace my fuse because it is *full* of diesel fuel (yes...sloshing around in there...just think if it decided to get hot and blow!).

I'll be putting in another 2.5 amp if I can find it, but will go with 3 amp if I can't find them.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know how to calculate the amps the fuel pump draws?

2 amp, 2.5 amp, 3 amp, 4 amp... Who knows.. I do know that I bet A TON of trucks have BLOWN fuses in there......

bottleworks

emmado22 said:
Anyone know how to calculate the amps the fuel pump draws?

2 amp, 2.5 amp, 3 amp, 4 amp... Who knows.. I do know that I bet A TON of trucks have BLOWN fuses in there......

An electric motor is like a variable resistor. It's current draw will be based on the load of the motor. Measuring the winding's resistance and using Ohm's law would give incorrect real life results. Checking current draw with a multi meter in-line is the best way to go about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks