• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m944A1?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you inspect it? Were all of the tools, machinery and accessories in the back? I could not look and therefore did not bid on it. I know there was another of these trucks up in PA recently...everything had been stripped out of the back.

reb87

I did not inspect it. The GL guy thought the machines were in it. It seems like they could have a little better info on what they are selling. The gl rep was in MN when I called so didnt have direct access to it.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The standard 939 series -10 manual will tell you how to start, drive and stop it. It is 9-2320-272-10 and you can download it here. I have not been able to locate a TM for the actual SEORTM body. The guy at Chambersburg told me that per the current DRMO regs, no truck shall be released with the shop tools in the back. Maybe you got lucky and will still find some goodies.

reb87

the seortm trailer that sold on the last gl auction had all the machinery in the back as per pictures. Event 3565 lot number1611 SOUTHWEST TRUCK BODY CO. SHOP EQUIPMENT, MDL-SGPRSMO, SN-S-11-205(DIMENSION)351. 5" X 97" X 125. 5" It brought $7275.
I will not be a happy individual if the machines are not there.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I don't know what to tell you. With no pics and no preview, it's a crap shoot. Good luck. The good news is all of the equipment is civilian and can be sourced elsewhere. If you bid what you thought the truck was worth without the equipment, then you'll be happy if it has it. Vice-versa, not so happy.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
There's another one of those coming up for auction in Utah first thing in September. From the pictures, it looks like the tooling has been stripped out from the Utah one. I hope that reb87's truck has the tooling, or if not, he at least got the truck at a good price. It looks really nice in the GL pictures. Please take lots of pictures and share them with us after you pick it up!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a pretty truck! If it has all the tools inside, it's worth it as a mobile repair shop. If it's stripped, might be good for a camping platform or something like that, but not much else.

reb87

I talked to the on site people today to schedule the pick up and they said the lathe is in the truck and some of the other equipment. They said the hand tools are recycled thru some program to the military or a school or some other thing. Im really looking forward to getting it.

12Bravo

I know this is an old thread but here is the manual number for the shop set - TM 9-4940-560-14&P and the TM for the 800 series truck is - TM 9-4940-545-14&P and the manual for the trailer mounted set is - TM 9-4940-559-14&P . I happen to have all three manuals.

12Bravo

Give me a little time and I will see if I can get it scanned and into a PDF file. I know that TM 9-4940-560-14&P was very hard to get when I was in the Army. The copy I have is an "advance copy" that wasn't even in the normal supply chain. The manual covers the Shop Equipment, Organizational Repair, Truck Mounted Model SEORTM (Serial Number Range S-12-206 Through S-12-466) This is for the SEORTM mounted on a M944A1 truck chassis

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reb87 there are times I am just darned GLAD that I dont know all the stuff coming up on GL, I am from ND and have lusted after these trucks for a long time, this one is beautiful and everything that is inside is another huge bonus! I dont know what route your taking through the state but if get yourself into a problem where you need help call me and I will do everything I can to assist you. 701-371-4421
Great purchase by the way!
KK