• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color am I.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, got an 88 Aiforce truck awhile back....what color is this? (not the door or hood :twisted:)

I found a reference to this: OD Forest Green, X14
In emmado22's "spotters guide"

I want to resore it to motorpool specs with the factory delivered color.

Thanks,
Ed

Attachments

bgekky3

So you are going to run the Airforce Deuce. What do you want for your current driver. I might need a pull in the near future. :idea:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
So you are going to run the Airforce Deuce. What do you want for your current driver. I might need a pull in the near future. :idea:
Depends on what I need to make it live again.....there may not be much left of the other truck in the pic....

bgekky3

You have enough stuff laying around that you don't have to touch your driver. We can talk over brisket and beer on Friday.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
With the thousands of batches of CARC that the manufacturers mixed up, there is nothign to say some weren't darker than other.

And a darker primer underneath will shade the top coat.............

And perhaps one of the trucks has faded. CARC has a BAD tendency to fade in the sun. That's why my truck isn't getting painted until I can keep it indoors.

Reactions: FMJ
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks