• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grass Fire Deuces in action

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is cool my son is a fire fighter in Polk County Ga .I have been telling him that they need one of these bad to the bone trucks.

Engine5

Awesome pic's. I love to see the truck's working. If you don't mind I would like to blow the pic's up for the wall at my station.
How close are you to Ranger Texas? I did a 30 dep to the South after Katrina with FEMA my team leader was a Chief from Ranger.

Thank you, Thank you, man you bring back some good ole time memories. Looks like a lot of sand, obviously from your location, gotta use a bit of finesse with all that water weight.

Stay safe, God Bless,

Rick

SEAFIRE

Firefighter294,
there is a lot of sand down where that fire was, the area that was on fire is right on the Gulf of Mexico, the pictures were taken about 100 yards from the water. People have been building a lot of houses by the water in this area, we have 3 new housing subdivisions being built on the water in our response area.

We do have to be careful with the trucks, the 5-ton 6x6 from another department that got stuck has a 1800-gallon water tank. On our two deuces, one has a 500-gallon water tank, the other has a 1200-gallon water tank. Both trucks have their uses and perform well.

dispatcher1011,
right now we are in a severe drought and under a burn ban. The last time it snowed here was 4 years ago. Most of South Texas has been under Red Flag warnings from the Forest Service for several weeks now.

As much as I do genuinely love wildland fire, I am glad I am not in your situation with the drought. Perhaps we could work out a trade, with some Texas heat for some PA snow? And for gosh sakes, stay safe out there. Even when we do get woods fire, our asbestos forests just don't burn like that.

pwrwagonfire

Keep up the good work! I can see how all that sand must get interesting sometimes

This past year we had a department BURY their 5-ton tanker right in the middle of the acess road at the fire.

I myself am still trying to learn the ways of off road driving.

Good pictures by the way!

Gunner0311

I remember when I joined the fire department in 1976 my chief told me the story of the farmer who called in urgently requesting help with a grass fire that was out of control!

The fire engine arrived with firefighters handing onto the sides and riding the rear step, all of the men whooping and yelling as they dorve past the farmer down the
hill towards the grass fire.

With remarkable bravery the fire engine drove right down into the middle of the
grass fire, the firefighters still yelling at each other and showing great emotion and
determination. The firefighters showed tremendous fortitude as they battled the
blaze and extinguished the inferno!

Neighbors had gathered upon seeing the smoke filling the sky, and everyone cheered the brave actions of the firefighters as they threw themselves at the danger and performed with such heroism..

The firefighters gathered up their tools and hoses and returned back up the hill.
The farmer stepped up to the exhausted Fire Chief and shook his hand; stating that after witnessing such bravery and daring actions he was donating $500 to the fire
department.

The farmer then asked the fire chief what he was going to do with the $500 donation? The Chief replied: "We're going to get the brakes repaired on that
**** truck"!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks