• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35A2

Timberdeuce

I just picked up my new M35 in Tenino, WA for $2500. It was an Air Force rig with 8900 miles and 260 hours. It has the dual circuit brake system and the whistler C turbo. The charging system doesn’t work, it has some surface rust on the chassis, hole rusted through the door and J-pipe, but otherwise in very good shape.
My dad “OD_coyote” got me interested in deuces and helped me find this one. We went down this morning and checked and topped off the fluids, installed the new batteries, messed with the throttle linkage, aired up the tires, and fired her up. Our 80+ mile trip went good as expected.
This weekend I hope to change the engine oil, install my new J-pipe, determine what to do about the alternator/regulator, and my long to-do-list. She’s a sweet rig and I’m happy with my purchase.

Attachments

rivired

I as well was picking up mine today,i picked ended up leaving with a 65 kaiser,heater,hardtop,full canvas in very good shape,air shift and the c-turbo i wanted,and Timberduece showed up to get his a few mins later,and his dad let me use his vicegrips and saved the day.lol..my 60 mile or so trip kinda sucked cuz i had a brake dragging and so i had to wait for the seller to come help me out ...lukily i was only 10 mins away from his house...but after that i had tons more power and made it home good.

Just so everybody knows..his remaning trucks are by no means the "rusty sh*t" a few people have said they are..i took the rustiest one and its only surface..no cancer anywhere...one he has is a d motor rebuilt in 1992 and drives very nice..brakes need adjust and then the other is a c motor non whistler in rebuilt in 82,both i have drivin and are good solid trucks,both air shift.. just trying to help out the seller cuz he did good by me. if interested give hima call
(360) 349-2709 or find his ad on seattle craigslist.

OD_Coyote

Hey rivired - Congrats and glad to hear you made it home OK. I hope you are going to post a thread on your pickup too.:-D Make sure you post some pics of your new rig, so I don't have to post a nopics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

wsucougarx

LOL, looks like that'll be the end to those tenino Craigslist ads:). Hey Rivired what color are you going to paint your deuce? Interested in selling your cargo cover or trade for a green canvas Vietnam era one? Looks good, there's potential there.

joesco

Nice Truck!!!
My charging system was toast also, but a quick drive to the alternator shop and the installation of a new regulator solved the problem.

bigelk50

Timberdeuce Congrats on your purchase and recovery!! Your going to love traveling with your dad and brother. I get all kinds of comments when we travel with all three of our rigs. Let me know if you need anything at all. Parts, help, etc. Your dad has my number. Great looking truck!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats guys on your deuces. I keep talking about an S.S. get together and I think we should.
Rivired, you being in Federal Way puts you very close to my work "Fife" and my home "Gig Harbor". Let me know if you need parts and or help with your truck.

wsucougarx

Yah BigMike, I'm in Montesano. AaronW is in napavine, MilitaryRestoration is in Vancouver and there's a couple other guys from Olympia and Tacoma. We could have a decent size convoy going:)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just need a centralized place to meet. Any suggestions??? A small burger joint??? A local watering hole???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks