• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHAT?!? $756.32 Won EVERYTHING! (M35A2)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got the call...

My bid WON the following:

Here's what the ad said:

1- 2.5 Ton 1968 AM General Truck
Vin#032513579
6X6 Wheel Drive Military Truck
Cab and Chasssis Only, No Bed
Extra Engine Goes With It
Some Extra Parts

So, I bid low at $756.32 and WON (The only other bid was $325.00), so the County Commissioners couldn't reject mine for low-balling!
She's a recently retired Fire Truck that starts at the lightest touch of the starter button (you never hear her crank, she just starts running)

The Fire Department upgraded to an M35A3, so they reitred her and flipped the brush-truck bed to the A3.

The A3 bed is available to me (see the other thread I started on its recovery).

I WILL POST PICS ASAP - - please be patient!!!

The extra engine is a rebuilt - still in the can - Multi-Fuel missing only the starter and Injector Pump which were consumed as spares on the Deuce I won.

The parts are in boxes, and I haven't inventoried them yet.

The truck has a HISTORY too! I'll post those details soon.

If all works out, I'll recover the Deuce, Bed, Engine and Parts in a single trip within a week.

STAY TUNED for EXCITING UPDATES:driver::!::cookoo::jumpin:

PS: THIS is one win that I have every confidence will be a DRIVE HOME recovery.

Last edited:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go, (just be thankful you don't belong to the collectors group I do, they have a special name for guys like us, it started when I got the bid for my 5 ton at 1,500.00. It starts with a, ends with e and has seven letters. I was our first, but it seems one of our members in Old Fort, Ohio has had a lock on it for the last two years) But great catch, good luck

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with the County Clerk's Office. Their paperwork will be ready for payment/transfer/titling no sooner than tomorrow. Unfortunately, my next shot at a weekday trip is on Friday. This all works out pretty good though 'cause I'll have 3 days (Fri-Sun.) to handle recovery and settling in here at the "compound". I'll also have INSURANCE taken care of as well

Thanks for all the appreciative comments, (and the envious ones too - hahaha) feel free to keep bolstering my ego:jumpin:

BTW: the spare engine will NOT be for sale - I have plans for it and a future motorpool addition that has a toasted engine in it.

As for WHERE I found it.... By God's devine guidance in one of Texas' rural counties with a grand population of just 3,000 souls. (Obvious none of them are MV enthusiasts.) I'll include THAT story in another future post along with some other juicy details.

I have much to do today pre-recovery. (Oh, Crap! Now I have to move stuff and MAKE ROOM!!!)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You security service guys are DOGS!!!!!! :mad:

:mrgreen: someone pass the bbq sauce, i'm eating my heart out!
It's all about the INTELL. Without it, no strategy is worthy of execution :lol:

We the unwilling,
Led by the unknowing
Are doing the impossible
For the ungrateful.
We have done SO MUCH
For SO LONG
With SO LITTLE
That we are now qualified
To do ANYTHING
With NOTHING!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks