• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Resto winter project M1009

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my winter project, very nice rust free Florida M1009 with 29K miles and runs perfect. It will feature destert tan with blacked out front grill and bumper along with the rear bumper blacked out. The wheels will also be black. Floor will Herculiner and the seats will be black with a center console. :-D

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1009 Done!!

Hey Guys, I got this done faster than expected. I think it turned out real nice.

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pappy

Well not to your level of detail, but then again I would be working for 5$ and hour with the time you put in yours! :grd:

David

hunderliggur

Nice truck David! Now that it is mine, I drove it 100+ miles today, no problems. need to work on my wiring now for radios and accessories. First up may be putting the 600W, 24V inverter in that I have lying around. That will be the easiest way to get power. Next will be a more permanent 12V for my Ham radios. Looking for an appropriate HF whip.

forest522

Great truck! Did you recover the original seats? The LMC catalog has the S10 seat covers that look about right, not sure about the rear seats though.

I'll have to start a thead soon with my rebuild. Same deal new 686 tan over the faded CARC camo, will smooth out the rough parts. I found it to be very interesting when I took everything out of the interior. Glad I did it.

Your project looks great!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck David! Now that it is mine, I drove it 100+ miles today, no problems. need to work on my wiring now for radios and accessories. First up may be putting the 600W, 24V inverter in that I have lying around. That will be the easiest way to get power. Next will be a more permanent 12V for my Ham radios. Looking for an appropriate HF whip.

Hey Mark, your new truck and your first post :grin: glad the truck worked out and ran so well. That is a nice running truck!! I have a radio cable I will let you have if you need it.

Next truck is on the way up from South Carolina by the end of the week.

But I have two trucks to do in a new paint scheme of urban camo using the SW paints. So stay tuned.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great truck! Did you recover the original seats? The LMC catalog has the S10 seat covers that look about right, not sure about the rear seats though.

I'll have to start a thead soon with my rebuild. Same deal new 686 tan over the faded CARC camo, will smooth out the rough parts. I found it to be very interesting when I took everything out of the interior. Glad I did it.

Your project looks great!
I have all my seats custom covered by my upholsterer. Most any good auto upholstery shop can make them.

David

scottmudd

Southern CUCV Restoration looking for M1009

David,

Like your work. Been looking for something to replace my 2007 HUMMER H2. Would you consider building an M1009 that was military on the outside but a little more comfortable on the inside, or do you only do straight restorations? Just a thought.

Keep up the good work my brother.

Scott Mudd
muddman_1@msn.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks