• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 Volt House Battery Install Questions

Steelreaper80

Has anyone installed a "house" battery on an M939? I currently have dropped down to two group 31 batteries to start the engine and have a 24 volt to 12 volt 40 amp step down that runs to my cigarette lighter plugs. I am not having an issue but I would like to wire in a 1,000 watt inverter and move the cigarette plugs over to just run off the house battery. I was thinking of still using the 24 to 12 step down but a bigger step down that can handle 100 amp load and a battery isolator. Does anyone that has more electrical experience have a better idea? The inverter would be used to power basic hand tools (drill, angle grinder) while in the field. I currently have an AC Delco clone 70 amp 21SI 24 volt on the truck. Would a second 12 volt alternator be a better option? Thank you

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone installed a "house" battery on an M939? I currently have dropped down to two group 31 batteries to start the engine and have a 24 volt to 12 volt 40 amp step down that runs to my cigarette lighter plugs. I am not having an issue but I would like to wire in a 1,000 watt inverter and move the cigarette plugs over to just run off the house battery. I was thinking of still using the 24 to 12 step down but a bigger step down that can handle 100 amp load and a battery isolator. Does anyone that has more electrical experience have a better idea? The inverter would be used to power basic hand tools (drill, angle grinder) while in the field. I currently have an AC Delco clone 70 amp 21SI 24 volt on the truck. Would a second 12 volt alternator be a better option? Thank you
Bump it up to a 100 or 125 amp

@Suprman has the equalizer that will charge the 24v and 12v side of the batteries equally. They are 100 amp units

Attachments