• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 m1009 cucv chevy blazer build-up

2INSANE

Yeah, it would be funny until it wasn't. And chances are that wife might "turn on the grumpy" if she suddenly settled down a few inches in her seat. :cool:

Speaking of seats... NICE upgrade there!
Yeah, she would probably hate the Blazer for life if that happened lol!

My black leather bucket seats that I had years ago wore out. I found these OEM K5 Blazer seats in a junkyard about 3 years ago for only $100. I’ve been keeping my eyes out on Marketplace for a nice bench seat so I can ditch the rear seat for more storage.

2INSANE

Just added the Diy4x.com anti wrap bar/axle truss set up. Here’s some pics. I hope it helps with the spring wrap. Sooo darn tired of the hopping when hill climbing,

Attachments

2INSANE

Also added a 3rd 6 degree shim on the driver side Dana 60 top of the spring to straighten out the spring plate to reduce stress on the bolts and U-Bolts. Here you can see the old bolts are bent and cracking pre 3rd shim. I’ll get those bolts replaced soon.

Attachments

2INSANE

So far these 40” Patagonia tires are great! The method rims and Patagonia tires balance very well! I feel comfortable going 80mph. But since they are a true to size 40” tire, even after doing some cutting on the wheel wells, they still rub with light flexing on light trails.

This next summer I plan on going down to Boyce Equipment and buying some clean fenders and installing them without wheel wells. I will have to relocate the batteries, lift pump, psc power steering reserve, arb compressor and whatever else is on the fenders.

Attachments