• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

920/916/915 electrical relay, breakers, etc. upgrade

Hammer

My M920 electrical is in need of repair.
And when I repair, I like to UPGRADE.
My starter relay is a bit funky. My circuit breakers are rusty. And my relays are pretty nasty looking.
I also need to replace the ignition switch.

I saw a picture of someone else's dash that was open, and it looked FAR nicer than mine.
It also looked like it must have been a newer version truck, cause it was a slightly different format.
I want a HD starter relay, something with 200 amp (or more) intermittent instead of 100 amp.
I was also thinking of putting in a HD 12v Bus bar for electrical add ons.

I was running a 400 want inverter to power christmas lights for a parade and melted a couple wires, and really made me question the quality of parts used.

Has anyone rebuilt their electrical items in the dash?
And like I said, I would like to UPGRADE instead of just replace with stock/standard.

Hammer

The stock starter relay. Stock Relay
Not bad for price, but would like a heavier duty setup.
Something like this might be a better option. 200 amp relay

These Relays would probably do just fine for the relay portion.

I think I would like a better circuit breaker panel though. I would like something a little more polished looking.

Hammer

Nah, I just upgraded and got a better M920... lol
Honestly, I still want to redo the electrics, but the truck I have now is in great condition.