• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate setup for clutch fork return spring

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my vehicle, the return spring connecting the clutch fork to the clutch slave cylinder mounting bolt was broken. Hard to replace with the engine and radiator installed.

I saw this set-up (see pic) on another V-100 that had not been touched since it left the Army and it's what I adopted for my vehicle. Now you can reach in over the parking brake drum and change the spring easily. Not sure if this was an army field-improvement bulletin or was some hot-rod spirit in the motor pool.

clutch fork return spring.jpeg

INFChief

When I got my vehicle, the return spring connecting the clutch fork to the clutch slave cylinder mounting bolt was broken. Hard to replace with the engine and radiator installed.

I saw this set-up (see pic) on another V-100 that had not been touched since it left the Army and it's what I adopted for my vehicle. Now you can reach in over the parking brake drum and change the spring easily. Not sure if this was an army field-improvement bulletin or was some hot-rod spirit in the motor pool.

View attachment 865876
Nice!