• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burning out directional flasher module?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before spending lots of money, I'd put a cheap incandescent bulb back into it and see what happens. It staying lit says it's getting power through the system, but not enough load to activate the flasher, or so it seems to me.

edit: when I tried replacing all my bulbs with LED, turn signals stopped working. I put incandescent bulbs back in the front lights and signals work fine.
The most important place to put LED bulbs is in the rear brake position, to help the activation switch down at the brake pedal last longer, as the poor design choice for that switch on 24V with incandescent bulbs seems to make them have a shorter lifespan.

OrangeElvis

Before spending lots of money, I'd put a cheap incandescent bulb back into it and see what happens. It staying lit says it's getting power through the system, but not enough load to activate the flasher, or so it seems to me.
Well, I replaced the incandescent bulb because it already wasn't working correctly...

First thing I did was replace the blinker lever switch, which fixed nothing. Then I replaced the directional flasher module - which fixed everything, until it stopped working again after a day. THEN I replaced the bulb to no effect.

So, I have ordered another flasher module, but will try to locate the issue before installing it an burning it out again. I will use the high-dollar Kaskar LED-approved module when I do finally install another one.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First things first, figure out why your brake lights are not working, then worry about the turn signals, again you are not likely going to fix the problems by swapping parts you need to actually troubleshoot the issues one by one, otherwise you will probably spend allot of money and still have a non working truck.
Actually you have spent allot of money and do not have a working truck.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the lever assembly you want: eBay 235401329602 or one like it.

It is the most robust one out there.

Nartron.jpg

Nartron makes a lot of the OEM electrical parts for the HumV, don't see any clones of them for sale.

Last edited:

Westo

I had a similar problem with flasher blowing up except it happened immediately for me. Turned out to be the front left turn signal wire shorting on the alternator, which put a huge current draw through the flasher and killed it. Doesn't sound like what yours is but probably worth disconnecting the lights and checking for ground on those wires.

As for the quality of the flasher, I bought one from Erik's that seems to be legit. My truck came without one and I misdiagnosed my problem at first so I ended up buying three from different sellers. One from Mac, one from Erik's and one from federal. The federal one was obviously a poor quality knockoff, had cheap screws in it that stripped and broke when I tried to take it apart. The other two look the same and they both look good to me, so from my experience the quality of your flasher probably isn't the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks