• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW on Late Model Frame

rgguin

I had come across an old original CCKW open cab last year and was unable to talk the owner out of sending it to the scrap yard. Since then I have wondered about taking an old CCKW that was in bad shape and either putting the cab and front end on a late model one ton chassis or putting the late model running gear on the CCKW frame. Has anyone seen this done before? I saw several 1 1/2 ton 47 or 48 Chevys done this way at the National Hot Rod show in Louiville, Ky. a few years ago. They looked pretty neat, plus they had air and automatic. I like things to be original, but when you find one that is almost scrap it would be better to save part of it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't let Steve Keith aka deuce doctor hear this. He's got a CCKW that is mostly original and he's put over 50,000 miles on it.