• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cj tug fuel filter part number?

ihterra73

Hello I've recently purchased a cj tug sd33 engine and I am looking for a fuel filter part number . It is a spin on type and the mount is on the passenger side of the engine ....upper rear corner of the engine . Appears to be a factory mount and filter housing....I have bought the engine only and the filter is missing any help or direction would be appreciated.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not recall a MB based aircraft tug in WWII, I THINK what you might have is a CJ10. I have only seen two of these and, IIRC, they were Nissan diesel powered and I think it was an SD33, 6 cylinder. So, I think this should be moved to a place that might yield better results for your question. When I figure that out, I'll move it. I will also do a bit of research on the filter.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently, IHC used this engine in the Scout II, but in the turboed version. From what I have garnered from a quick Google search, both engines used the same FF. Baldwin BF941. However, since I am not familiar with it, the end user might have specified a more common filter that they might already be using, meaning old school cartridge type. So, if your new power plant has a spin on filter head, chances are that the above filter is correct.

Post some pictures of what you have, we like weird and obscure things!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks