• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Assignment for Trailer Connector

BM59_Fan

Any have what the pin/socket assignments are for the trailer connector on a swiss 710K? I can see on the wiring diagram turn/stop, tail lights, and ground but also what I guess is a Convoy low vis light output BUT the contact assignments in the 7 contact socket are not illustrated. I am hooking up to a military trailer so if there is a convoy low vis output I will also hook that up as well.

Thanks

Mike

Las Vegas NM

mm58

I don't think one of the trailer pins is for the blackout lights. I believe the trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't think one of the trailer pins is for the blackout lights. I believe the trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are.
If the OP is hooking up a U.S. military trailer, it HAS blackout lights, do not under stand " trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are" the trailer plug scocket is wired for blackout., in fact at least 4 pins are for blacklout lights, L turn/brake, R turn/brake, running, ground

'

BM59_Fan

The original trailer connector on the rear of the Pinzgauer is a 7 contact female connector that has both male and female contacts in the connector. On the Swiss version, of the 7 contacts only 5 have wires connected to them. According to the pinz wiring diagram one of the contacts is ground, one is RTurn/Stop, one is LTurn/Stop, one is tail lights R/L, and one is identified (translated) as "Camo light, R & L" which I take as meaning a low vis tail light. The Camo light contact on the Pinz I would wire to the appropriate low output tail light wiring on the M116 trailer I have. The wiring diagram does not identify the contact numbers in the connector.

Last edited: