• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV will not start

Beowulf

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I am doing everything correct. I posted once, but it disappeared. My problem is that my truck refuses to start at all. I get nothing but a single click when I turn the key. I had the starter checked out at a rebuild place and it seems to check OK. The batteries were recharged and checked good. I checked continuity from the starter relay to the solenoid and now have that. I replaced the starter relay because it was not passing the voltage. With the new one, the voltage now clicks over to the starter. I still show no improvements. I followed the manuals troubleshooting procedure and have turned up nothing. The only thing I can guess is that I hooked the starter up wrong. I placed the solenoid control wire on the outside post (the one furthest from the engine) of the starter. If I placed it on the other post it reads ground. Where am I going wrong? Could another component be dragging down the current or the starter be binding on the flywheel?

Brian Phillips
Richmond, VA