• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homier 1 inch impact wrench

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have one from harbor freight and it looks exactly the same but without red paint. Works great for duece lug nuts. Its meant to have a 1/2" air hose but I just have the 3/8" which supplies just enough air to pop off the nuts. It definately is better than doing it manually especially for only $69 when you have 100 lug nuts for a 5 ton with duals. I paid $99 on sale for mine. It is part of my on board duece tool kit.

m.walker

I paid $49 for my 3/4" impact that I use on my 5 ton at harbor freight . It does the lugnuts with ease , runs off a 3/8" hose and is much smaller and easier to store than a 1" gun . Don't get me wrong I was going to get a 1" gun too but after having the 3/4" one I haven't found anything I need the 1 " for yet . My friend has a few 1" guns ( heavy vehicle repair ) and I haven't had to borrow or use one of his . For that price I'd be tempted to get one too but after buying some grinders from homier that quit after 1/2 an hour I would instead take the ad down to harbor freight and they'll match the price . The store will still be there after Homier sale has left town !

rizzo

I think I feel better buying from Harbor than Homier. I talked to a friend that bought a $20 battery jumper last year and he said it worked 3 times, then barely worked on lawnmowers.

cbvet

I know of 2 bad experiences with Homier. They have some good deals, but they also sell a lot of crap.
A buddy bought a Milwaukee 1/2 inch drill. Supposedly reconditioned. Tried to drill a 3/8 hole through a 4x4.Found gears were stripped. When he confronted Homier at their next tool show, they said he must have broken it.
How do you strip the gears in a Milwaukee 1/2 inch drill? Surely not with a 3/8 bit.
I bought a battery charger. Didn't work. I had the receipt. I held onto it until their next show at our VFW about a month later.
They wouldn't replace it as there is NO WARRANTY on electrical items!
Needless to say, they didn't mention that when I bought it.
I had to threaten to throw them out of the VFW forever if they didn't take care of my problem. I also insisted that ANYTHING they sold had to have a minimum 90 day warranty.
They reluctantly agreed. Buyer beware...........
Eric