• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification numbers and unitnumbers

willys71

Hello everybody,

New Jeeper from Sweden in the forum....

Is there any possibilities to sort out the unitnumbers for the bumper if I have the registration number on the hood?

My number is 20607907 S (supressed) for this late -44 MB.

The Jeep was bought by a Swedish guy serving Airborne during WWII. He drove it home to Sweden through a torn apart Europe when the war was over. As the story tells, he drove in low gear from Berlin due to some mechanical problem :shock:

Would be very thankful if it was possible to find due to this vehicle history.

/Fredrik

willys71

But what if I have the chassis number? Or maybe I can connect it to the soldier driving it?
It was a guy named Gustav Wollin, I was told, and he was in 82:nd or 101:st Airborne.

Is thera any register that is officaial today maybe?

Thanks for any help.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There may be a Jeep reigstry somewhere that has such a list, but I doubt it. So many soldiers, so many jeeps, etc. I would almost guarantee that the military/govt. has no such record and even if they did, you probably couldn't get them to look at it for you.