• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for designs for air bag mounts for a bobber with dump bed.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can use steer axle air lift bags from a FLD120 or kenworth they are in the 800 range for the whole kit from Randy's truck parts

Bags are good for 15k

tobyS

A few details.

The block has a 5 degree taper to make the driveshaft be within a degree of parallel to the TC output. I made a drain hole to keep the pocket that the bolt through the spring would collect if not drained.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trooperrob85

A few details.

The block has a 5 degree taper to make the driveshaft be within a degree of parallel to the TC output. I made a drain hole to keep the pocket that the bolt through the spring would collect if not drained.
Thank you sir that looks awesome!

tobyS

Putting that plate on the side of the frame about sheared my thumb off. I added an 11 x 3 x 10' X 1/4" plate and my jack shifted, wedging the plate between the frame, my hand and the tire. Anyway....the plate would help on a dump but it's probably too late for you. Just the area where the rear trunion was attached, had lost more than 50% of its strength from rust where the plate joins, is riveted, on my A3. Look for rust swelling on the frame behind that trunion plate.