• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1070-HET no jake brake or weak?

ger84

Hi all- So got this truck a few months ago and been driving it and doing a few little things etc. Lots of fun especially in New Jersey.... however I noticed that I don't feel the jake kicking in. Can anyone tell me if they hear or feel the jake when driving this truck? I have gone on youtube but i don't hear their jake brake but that could just be the video/sound. The circuit breaker seems fine (i pushed it in) and no difference. I also noticed that the selector for the jake brake cannot be turned off but there is a switch but its stuck to on i assume... anyone else have this or should it be able to turn on and off? The 4 cyl and 6cyl jake switch works fine but i don't feel a difference.... anyone have ideas. Plan to look at the wiring to the jake on the truck but thought it might be in the cab issue before i "pop" the hood etc...

also I unscrewed the pannel between the seats and found a "dig req" is this the plug where I can check codes on this engine? if so any recommendations for a reader or will my normal "cat" engine checker work with this plug. I know the plug type might not match but is there a adapter for this? thanks!

Thanks for your help

Attachments

Last edited: