• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 power and speeds mods?

Lar45

Hi everybody, Sorry, lots of questions.
I used to be on here many years ago, but the wife talked me out of buying a Deuce :(
Now I see an A3 for sale just 2 miles from my house! It looks fantastic, but I'm still trying to convince the wife that I NEED one.
Anyway, The big part for me would be the power and increased speed modifications that would be needed to make it a daily driver. Possibly bobbing into a 4x4?
For power increase on the Cat 3116, I found some videos showing how to adjust the fuel limit on the Rack. Looks pretty straight forward.

Next, I found a video shows adjustmets to the Governor to reduce the turbo lag and get more fuel when you step on the peddle.

Now on to gearing/overdrives:
On The A3 I'm looking at, the guy says the Allison transmission already had the overdrive gears installed.
I read a bunch on the 5 ton transfer cases with some of them having an overdrive built into the high range. I don't remember when #, maybe the M939???
Has anyone done the 5 ton transfer case swap on deuce to get more highway speed?
My reading also turned up that there wasn't a very high opinion on this 5 ton transfer case, saying that it was questionable for heavy offroad use. Any truth to this, or is it just one guys opinion?

What about doing the 7 speed Allison transmission swap? It's supposed to have 2 overdrive gears :)
How hard is this to do? Will it fit with the transfer case in the stock position?

thanks in advance.
Glenn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks