• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

goldneagle

Just use it for the novelty or was there a specific reason?
Are you are asking about the wood type used? Since most benches are made of Maple and it's not cheap anyway, I figured I'd make my bench more unique. A dark frame with a lighter top and cabinet will stand out. I will be using 8/4 Cherry wood for the top. The built in cabinet will match the rest of the shop cabinets.. (SAPELE is harder than Red Oak )

I know i didn't have to make the cabinets in the shop look so fancy. Since it's a wood shop for my hobby why not show some of my woodworking skill and have fun doing it. I get to enjoy it every day i work there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks