• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NIB Phillipine "Jeep" replacement body Interest/value?

R3Fab

Visited a neighbor today who is clearing out some of his project cars.
Mostly hot-rod cars and parts from the 30's and up.
Among the trove is a never mounted Phillipine made "Jeep" body.
I have no interest in it and no idea of it's value.
His story is that they were made as replacement bodies for Mil., I suspect that is not really true.
I recall these being for sale decades ago.
If there is interest I can get more details as to model/type and exactly how much is there but I think it is just the tub.
He's been selling a lot of projects at pretty good prices.

I realize not "Authentic" but might be attractive as the "Easy Button" to do a driver quality restoration?

R3Fab

Retail on this tub today is $2600.
Went for another look.
Still not certain what model it is and the owner was not home.
But his assistant says "It looks like a CJ5".
What I do know now is that it is not just a tub, it appears to be a complete body.
It does have a tail-gate opening.
Going to be a lot of work to dig it out for pictures so I am going to wait for the owner to give me a price first.
He should also know the exact model.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only one military Jeep had a tailgate, that being the M38. A M38 repro body will have a huge rectangular hole in the middle of the dash board for the instrument cluster.

R3Fab

I suspect this may not actually be a Mil. replica body as I was told.
Folk get careless or misinformed.
In any case it is a very nice body.
I have too many projects already (Just bought a Lotus Europa!) or I could think of several ways to build this into an ultimate 4x4.

Reactions: D6T

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M D Juan made and still makes repro bodies in the Phillippines and sells them here in the US through a number of suppliers. As stated above, the current retail price is about $2600.