• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northwoods Treasure!

Longhunter7

After finding a very nice Dodge M37-B1 for sale in the Northwoods of Michigan, I started planning the recovery operation.

The truck was in a very remote part of the state, and was used by a rural fire department after it's Military career.

To get to the location, required a six hour road trip and several miles of gravel roads through Birch trees and past many beautiful lakes.

After loading the M37, we headed back to civilization, and a long trip home! :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooof! Got pics? Had to have seen more than just birch trees and lakes. Gotta have a pic loading the iron horse!

Longhunter7

Recovry 4X4,

Since I don't have one of those new fangled digital cameras, I have to do it the old timey way and use film!

As soon as I get the rest of the roll used up, I will post the pictures! :roll:

Desert Rat

LH,
Glad to see you're back! Was concerned you had fallen off the third rock and was lost in space somewhere........................

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C'mon now Rick, the digital cameras aren't new fangled anymore. Please don;t tell me you're still using the Kodak 110!

Desert Rat

Kenny,
He's probably still using the glass style 3X5 emulsion with a ten inch bellows to make contact prints!

Longhunter7

Nope, just using a 35mm single lens reflex! Unless you spend big bucks, the digital cameras don't give the quality of 35mm film!

They are faster , but I am not in a hurry! :nono: