• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter not turning over on M35A2

yustie

Greetings all; I have a question and need help...I have a 1971 M35a2. Just completed total restore. Two years ago changed out multi-fuel with new engine. Started great and instant. However, shortly ago, and after sitting about three weeks, I started engine. While driving, I noticed smoke coming into the cab. When I pulled over and shut-down, smoke cleared and find nothing wrong. Re-started and returned home. Checked everything again; nothing found. Sat again for a few weeks, and when I attempted to started the engine, all there was were "clicks". I tried several times and got the same thing. I tried tamping the starter and nothing. Batteries checked and are perfect (they are one year old). The starter came with the new engine. I have current to the silendo. What are your thoughts before I consider replacing the starter? Thank you for your time and thoughts in this matter. Blessings to all.