• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermostat housing question(s).

BillIdaho

I have been a member here for quite some time, but have been away for quite awhile. I own a handful of various rigs (MUTT, Gama Goat, M54 5 ton along with a yard full of trailers. And I do mean a yard full!

I have an M151A2 that has laid dormant for a handful of years (due to life getting in the way). I recently uncovered it, and am trying to get it back into a somewhat road-worthy condition. I noticed it was heating up almost instantly when I finally fired it up, and upon inspection, discovered the thermostat had stuck shut. In the teardown, I also discovered the thermostat housing has a terminal case of electrolysis (which I learned is somewhat common) to the point of it needing replaced. I was able to find a civilian replacement for the thermostat itself at the local auto parts store, but the housing is eluding me. I found a few places that advertise them, but without derailing my own thread, none of the allegedly reputable businesses seem to want to actually do business.
Bottom line.....is there a civilian counterpart for an A2 thermostat housing, and if not, who in the world actually has one that is willing to sell? (Don't even mention "RAPCO" or "Surplus City Parts."! )
Thanks gentlemen. When/IF I get this thing running, next is the Goat and the 5ton !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have been a member here for quite some time, but have been away for quite awhile. I own a handful of various rigs (MUTT, Gama Goat, M54 5 ton along with a yard full of trailers. And I do mean a yard full!

I have an M151A2 that has laid dormant for a handful of years (due to life getting in the way). I recently uncovered it, and am trying to get it back into a somewhat road-worthy condition. I noticed it was heating up almost instantly when I finally fired it up, and upon inspection, discovered the thermostat had stuck shut. In the teardown, I also discovered the thermostat housing has a terminal case of electrolysis (which I learned is somewhat common) to the point of it needing replaced. I was able to find a civilian replacement for the thermostat itself at the local auto parts store, but the housing is eluding me. I found a few places that advertise them, but without derailing my own thread, none of the allegedly reputable businesses seem to want to actually do business.
Bottom line.....is there a civilian counterpart for an A2 thermostat housing, and if not, who in the world actually has one that is willing to sell? (Don't even mention "RAPCO" or "Surplus City Parts."! )
Thanks gentlemen. When/IF I get this thing running, next is the Goat and the 5ton !
Is it too far gone to beadblast it?

Almost wonder if somebody somewhere would have one available in the Classifieds?

hambone

These are getting hard to find and most vendors are out of stock, I've seen a civy that would bolt up but the hose angle is way off.