• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I got here? 52 - XM211 Wrecker?

dbeluscak

First of all, this is my first foray into military vehicles. I do have years of heavy equipment and trucking experience. The tools to do the work. And lots to learn! I've been trying to read up for the past few days.

As the build tag says the truck is a 52' XM211. But I can't find another 211 with this engine setup. It's gasoline, there's a magneto, inline and not a GMC 302.. I just glanced over it quickly. I apologize for the lack of info or pics (I'll update when I get more) it was freezing with 30+mph winds... typical spring in MT!

As far as equipment there's a 4cyl Wisconsin mounted on the frame rail I would assume it's powering the 10T Austin-Western crane.

Any thoughts or info would be really helpful. I got this with a package deal cleaning out an estate. There are 4 trucks in total. The PO was tinkering with this one as it has new batteries and did crank over. The rest are "ran when parked". My personal favorite scenario.

- Dan 20230419_124850.jpg20230419_124806.jpg20230419_124942.jpg20230419_124818.jpg

Last edited:

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a 52 XM211, it was in mint condition, but that Cadillac transmission and the bizarre way GM set that truck up killed it for me,
I can't even see the engine in yours, got more pics ?
Still have the Caddy trans ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wrecker body is a transplant from a M108. Engine looks like a transplant from a mil generator set of some type. Looks like some other interesting trucks there too?

dbeluscak

Not sure what I'm looking at for any of them. Just too good a deal to pass up. I was going to look at a stretched Diamond T military truck with a 22' flatbed and knuckle boom crane.

I don't have many decent pics and the trucks are about 2 hours from me. I'll have more when the weather breaks and I begin the task of moving them home.

There's also a barn full of goodies I didn't get a chance to look at.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks