• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats everybody using in their blasters?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I wished I had one of you metal bangers down here! Even the simplest chores here result in junk body parts. I used to have a part time job blasting headstones. It seems to me that the heat from blasting would cause the warping of panels. We used a high tech rubber masking when doing the stones and it would turn brown from the heat. I had to learn to take my time so as not to burn off the rubber. If one took their time and didn't get into a hurry on trouble spots, I don't see why panels couldn't be blasted successfully with sand or even black beauty. Like Robert said in a previous post, I've used beach sand too!

da_sgt

That's 100% correct Kenny, its the friction that causes heat, which causes the warpage. The key is knowledge, just like anything else ;-) Most times when discussing sandblasting I assume people have a basic understanding. Just like talking about engine mods, I assume most people have the knowledge. In my thoughts "warping is a "non" issue if you have any experience, my main concern is the health issues :nono: I have seen painters, blasters, and welders who are experts, but still use minimal if any protection :freaked: Thats something that just makes me scratch my head :rolleyes:

Just wondering though :eyes: Seeing as you know how to do stone's maybe you can make one for our buddy "foxhole" :lol:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to make one up for him. if you ever get bored, read his Ebay feedback! I found myself doing that just last night. For me it's entertaining, for you it will probably be painful. I'll have my camera at Aberdeen. If I see any of the naglich clan, I'll snap a pic and post it here. You never know when you might cross paths at Disney or something!

da_sgt

Trust Me I read his feedback :banghead: But it was too Late [:(!] When I saw Rick (LH7) left -feedback, I knew I was in trouble! I'm a nice guy most of the time [^] But this guy draws things out so by the time I had a problem, I could'nt leave feedback :banghead: He has his scam together, no Paypal/Credit Cards thus no protection! He said personal check/money order only! Plus he still has that used crap regulator he passed off as NOS, and my $.
Next stop..Better Business Bureau...Than...Small Claims Court...Than...Road Trip :boxer: Dumb Ass is cutting his own throat......