• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 deuce and a half wheel hub bearing operating temperature

V8srfun

For those of you that regularly check your hub temps what are you seeing. I am in the process of replacing all of my seals/boots and packing the bearings and want to know what is normal when I am done. I did not monitor temps before service but I do know that one of my hubs was noticeably warmer than the rest on the last drive. When I had them apart the seals were leaking in to the bearings and most of the grease was washed out.

Reactions: HDN

runk

I was going to post some of the relevant threads, but there are a ton of them! If you want to read through some, go to Google and search on :
site: steelsoldiers.com deuce hub temperature

I checked a couple, just to verify my memory and experiences with my truck.
With properly adjusted bearings (and brakes !) hubs will typically run 120-130F after a little highway driving.
Not too hot to touch, but hot enough that they are uncomfortable to touch for very long.