• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mite battery option what do you think

jrlatt

Hello all
I will be starting my restoration project on one of my mites that I have acquired. They are both quite complete stored inside. The one I am starting ran well when first went into storage some 30 + years ago. I also watch jay lenos garage a lot. He does not use wet acid batteries he uses optima or a dry cell battery. The main reason is they do not have the corrosion problems associated with normal car batteries. They are 250 each I need two for my 24v system to start a 107cubic inch engine. I was thinking of lithium ion car or atv batteries. I found this battery on amazon.

It is a 104.00. I was wondering what kind of opinions there might be out there.

Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go with a group 55 AGM, that will not leak and it will fit in the battery area much better.

mspeters

The specs on most Lithium batteries don’t tolerate over 130F+ temps; would not use under the hood of a mite.

A combination of Group 51 & 51R batteries fit well; many AGM choices. AGM won’t corrode battery tray and underside of the hood.