• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4L80E Code 22 and 73

4x4Junkie13

Trying to get this thing to shift properly, stuck in limp mode.
Codes are:
  1. 22 TPS sensor circuit low
  2. 73 PCS circuit
  • Should I waste time testing the TPS and the PCS or just replace them?
  • When replacing the TPS, does the new one have to be adjusted for it to work properly?

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you should troubleshoot the TPS, there have been wiring/connector issues before.
Not likely any relationship between the two error codes, just follow the steps in the guide.
I guess I would do the TPS first, when you start to work the #73 check that the control plug at the transmission is not full of fluid first.
Just in case you do not have it.

Attachments

4x4Junkie13

Yes you should troubleshoot the TPS, there have been wiring/connector issues before.
Not likely any relationship between the two error codes, just follow the steps in the guide.
I guess I would do the TPS first, when you start to work the #73 check that the control plug at the transmission is not full of fluid first.
Just in case you do not have it.

Thanks again neighbor. I figured this was the way, just wanted to be sure before I started diving into the checklist.

For code 73, if the connector is dry and tight, is it easy to drop the solenoid and replace?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again neighbor. I figured this was the way, just wanted to be sure before I started diving into the checklist.

For code 73, if the connector is dry and tight, is it easy to drop the solenoid and replace?
I have no idea but likely fairly easy, but of course you want to troubleshoot it, not just start swapping parts.
Allot of you-tube videos about the 4L80E most of the civy stuff relates to your transmission.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While not an expert, if I walked out and discovered my trans wasn't talking to it's two main contributors (tps and pcs) I would check for grounding issues first, I find a simple and effective way to do that is to hook a test light to the + side of battery and get to probin' them grounds and go from there .

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the signals depend on ground, all the leads involved go directly to the TCM.
It could be a lead problem or a device problem or a TCM issue but because he is getting codes it would be assumed the TCM is seeing ground.