• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAIMAN MRAP LED HEADLAMP UPGRADE ISSUE

Spidermok

My agency acquired a CAIMAN MRAP and it had the standard very dim halogen headlamps. I am having a hard time finding LED headlamps that will work. I have ordered a set suggested from a forum in this group and the following repeatable issue. I can have one led and one halogen lamp installed. The led lamp will only work on low beam only. When I install (2) two led lamps, the green headlamp indicator illuminates and none of the led lamps work.

Anyone have a work around to upgrade the CAIMAN MRAP halogen lamps?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LED headlamps can be tricky as the +/- has to be put on correctly or they will not function properly. I would use a voltmeter to identify the +/- leads. Don't assume the military numbers are correctly labeled. When I changed to LED on my M1078 I had some issues just like you describe. I was relying on the numbers in the headlamp bucket to be correct. Once I got the meter out and identified the correct leads, they worked fine. One of my headlights had the numbers marked on the wrong wires.