• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy rear shocks for A2

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
I just replaced the rear shocks on my A2 with Monroe part #66627. Around $35 each on Rock Auto. I went this route as I didn't want to buy a 30 plus year old NOS shocks. The last NOS lasted about a year.

Note: The compressed length is the same but the extended length of the Monroe is approximately 1" shorter than the original. I don't think this is an issue.

20230910_115609.jpg

20230909_140428.jpg

nattieleather

I think an inch shorter should be okay. An inch longer and you may have problems. Way back when I had a M151A1 a surplus dealer sold me a set of new commercial shocks that were about an inch longer and when I would trail ride the vehicle and one of the rear A arms would drop that extra inch would let the coil spring fall out. That was a real pain. Once I got the correct shocks that problem went away.