• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv 12v bus normal amp draw

dconn22

I was wondering if anybody knew what kind of amp draw the 12v buss would have keyon running with no lights, fan or wipers on (only always on essentials)? Does 9-10 amps sound too much? Sorry, it's a M1008 (no radios).

Skinny

I was wondering if anybody knew what kind of amp draw the 12v buss would have keyon running with no lights, fan or wipers on (only always on essentials)? Does 9-10 amps sound too much? Sorry, it's a M1008 (no radios).
Probably less then an amp. It only needs the current for the fuel solenoid to stay on once running.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck pulls 5 amps of 12v while running.

dconn22

Yes

Are you wearing without the alternator charging? Because you may be reading the current going into the battery.
I don't think it is the battery, I waited till the batt was down to pulling only about 2amps. Had 2 at batt, 9.5 at the 12v buss feed and 11.5 out of the alt. Seems everything is working/adding up right just wondering what's pulling amps inthe cab. Maybe it will be warm enough tomorrow to start checking some wires.

dconn22

Ok, I have traced my 12v draw is on the 10ga red wire feeding the ignition switch. I disassembled the horn contact (button) and the draw dropped from 9.5 amps to 2 5. I have replaced the ign. switch and the switch on the left side of the column. I have not replaced the wiper switch or horn/blinker contact. Guess the column is coming apart.