• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gurgling sound in air filter

Tacitus

Very new to military vehicles, have a M923 I just use on the farm. It’s often started and driven short distance then shut down. I do drive on the road some. Started it half hour ago just to move it to flat ground to check diff fluid. It ran maybe 5 minutes. Shut it down, sitting in the truck answering a text and heard a gurgling sound. Coming from the air intake. Gurgling sound last about 2 seconds then about 6 seconds of nothing. Took fuel cap off & listened, not coming from there. Opened the air filter housing, dry inside, but could hear the gurgling. All air intake lines appear to be intact. So I assume the sound is coming from the engine. Anyone else ever had this happen? Anything to be concerned about? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tacitus

OK thank you, I should have added that all fluids are topped off, recent oil & filter change, I bleed the air tanks at the end of the day. Constantly check air & oil pressure and engine temp. Air pressure is slow to bleed down when shut down between jobs during the day. Low miles & hours after rebuild, if meters are correct. Seems to be in really good condition.